- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
Shop Talk: Gingrey Puts Together Team for Likely Ga. Senate Bid
Posted at 7:07 p.m. on March 13, 2013
Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Ga., has started to assemble a political team for his increasingly likely bid for retiring Sen. Saxby Chambliss’ seat.
CQ Roll Call has learned that if he runs, Gingrey’s team will very likely include respected Georgia operative Chip Lake as a general consultant, Sonny Scott of Rising Tide Media Group for media, and the Stoneridge Group for direct mail.
Republican Rep. Paul Broun is the only declared candidate in the race. CQ Roll Call rates this race as Likely Republican.
Republican Rep. Jack Kingston and Democratic Rep. John Barrow may also run, along with a number of in-state candidates.