- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
South Carolina: Jenny Sanford Not Running for Congress
Posted at 3:29 p.m. on Jan. 14, 2013
Sanford vs. Sanford? Not going to happen.
“The idea of killing myself to run for a seat for the privilege of serving in a dysfunctional body under John Boehner when I have an eighth-grader at home just really doesn’t make sense to me,” she said.
Mark Sanford, a two-term former governor and three-term former Congressman, looks poised to announce his bid in the coming days and would enter the race as the immediate front-runner, in spite of his well-publicized infidelities.
A number of other serious candidates are eyeing or have announced for the race for this safe Republican seat.