- Florida Republican Puts House Campaign on Hold Because 'Health Issue'
- Santorum, Gohmert Stop by ‘Roske on Politics’
- Poll: Wide Divide Over Allowing Muslim Refugees Into the U.S.
- Kentucky Governor Restores Thousands of Ex-Felons' Right to Vote
- Should Vitter's Loss Worry Scandal-Plagued Lawmakers?
South Dakota: Rounds to Announce Senate Plans on Thursday
Posted at 9:44 p.m. on Nov. 28, 2012
Former Gov. Mike Rounds, a Republican, will make an announcement Thursday about the race against Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson.
Local news outlets reported Rounds will jump into the race during a three-stop tour of the state. A press release did not specify his intentions.
Rounds announced weeks ago that he was exploring a bid for the Senate seat. A two-term governor, Rounds’ candidacy makes the South Dakota race competitive.
What’s more, Johnson has not said yet whether he’s running for another term. If Johnson retires, Rounds will have a head start on the other candidates in the race.