- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
Tea Party Express Backs Special-Election Candidate
Posted at 8:32 a.m. on May 21, 2013
Missouri Speaker Pro Tem Jason Smith picked up the endorsement of the Tea Party Express on Tuesday, less than three weeks before the special election in the Show Me State’s 8th District.
“Jason is a promising young conservative who will bring fiscal responsibility to Washington, D.C.,” Tea Party Express Chairwoman Amy Kremer said in a news release. “Tea Partiers across the country applaud his commitment to repealing Obamacare and reining in the federal government’s out-of-control spending.”
(Read more about Smith in Roll Call: That Other Special Election)
Smith has picked up a number of other endorsements from national groups such as the National Rifle Association, the National Right to Life Political Action Committee and the National Federation of Independent Business.
He is expected to win the June 4 special election to replace GOP Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, who resigned in January.