- McConnell Loans $1.8 Million to His Campaign
- What Happened to the GOP Lawsuit Against Obama?
- Begich Holds Double-Digit Lead in Alaska
- Gohmert Says Gays Getting Massages Make U.S. Vulnerable
- Perdue Signs a Woman's Body
Texas: Cornyn Raised $1.85M in First Quarter
Posted at 1:25 p.m. on April 11, 2013
Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas, raised $1.85 million in the first quarter — a handsome sum for the senator up for re-election in 2014.
Cornyn will report having $4.2 million in cash on hand, according to figures provided exclusively to CQ Roll Call from a source close to the senator.
There’s been some minimal chatter from local Republicans that Cornyn could get a primary challenge next year, a situation Democrats would relish. But no well-known Republican has emerged yet, or even publicly discussed challenging Cornyn.