- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Texas: Francisco ‘Quico’ Canseco Goes Down
Posted at 1:04 a.m. on Nov. 7, 2012
Rep. Francisco “Quico” Canseco (R) lost his bid for a second term Tuesday night.
Democratic challenger Pete Gallego was up by more than 5 points at the time the Associated Press called the race.
Throughout the cycle, Texas Republicans were cautiously confident in Canseco’s chances for a second term. But in the past week or so, confidence levels seemed to subside some.
Gallego has, at times, run a disorganized campaign during the past year, but it was enough to win this race.