- Is Georgia Slipping Away for Democrats?
- Hagan Holds Narrow Lead in North Carolina
- Missouri GOP Official Denounces Voter Registration Efforts
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- FitzGerald Punished Employees Without Valid Licenses
Texas: San Antonio Court Orders May 29 Primary
Posted at 5:49 p.m. on March 1, 2012
The federal court in San Antonio issued an order today setting a new primary schedule. The ruling comes a couple of days after the same federal court ordered a new interim Congressional map for the Lone Star State.
You can check out the court’s full order, sent over by the Texas Democratic Party, below. But here are the key dates:
- March 2: The filing period reopens
- March 9: The filing period closes at 6 p.m.
- May 29: Primary election
- June 10: Deadline for primary runoff candidates to withdraw from the ballot
- July 31: Primary runoff election
This new calendar also has consequences for the presidential race. There are 155 Republican National Convention delegates at stake during the Texas GOP’s state convention in early June — a week after the primary.
Now GOP White House hopefuls won’t be able to officially lay claim to any of that big, Texas-sized delegate prize until the last few weeks of the RNC nominating calendar.