- Trump Could Ensure Democratic Dominance for Years
- Reports Claim Alabama Governor Had an Affair
- Bonus Trump Quote of the Day
- Why Is Jeb Bush Going After Donald Trump?
- Trump and Clinton Maintain Wide Leads in Iowa
By Joshua Miller Posted at 11 p.m. on July 18, 2012
Tom Leppert, former contender for the GOP nomination for Senate and the former mayor of Dallas, endorsed Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst (R) for Senate this week.
“We must elect leaders who have the experience of creating jobs and dealing with the fiscal issues facing our nation — leaders with a practical understanding of what makes our country work,” Leppert said in a statement released by the Dewhurst campaign. “David Dewhurst has that experience and it is for that reason that I endorse David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate.”
Dewhurst, the establishment favorite, faces a tough GOP primary runoff against tea party darling Ted Cruz, the former Texas solicitor general.
The runoff is set for July 31.
View more posts in the Archives.
Sign up for your daily Politics newsletter here.