- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
That Other Special Election… #MO08
Posted at 11:05 a.m. on May 9, 2013
Missouri state House Speaker Pro Tem Jason Smith released his first advertisement in 8th District special election this week.
The Republican nominee’s biographical spot is intended to introduce him to voters in the final weeks before the June 4 contest.
Smith was tapped as the Republican nominee for the special election in February. He’s running against fellow Missouri state Rep. Steve Hodges, a Democrat.
The ad began running Wednesday and will run through May 15 on TV stations in the district. Smith spokesman Justin Gibbs said the campaign has purchased 800 gross rating points, enough to saturate the district’s market.
Smith campaign manager Josh Haynes said the ad kicks off a 27-day tour of the district, in which the campaign will travel to all of the 8th District’s 30 counties.