- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
The Next Allen West Is … #FL18
Posted at 6 a.m. on May 9, 2013
Republicans are lining up to challenge freshman Rep. Patrick Murphy, D-Fla., a top GOP target in 2014.
Murphy narrowly defeated then-Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., last year. West has ruled out a comeback bid, but Abby Livingston reports on a litany of potential candidates in this week’s Farm Team column:
- Former Florida House Majority Leader Adam Hasner, who lost to now-Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., in the 22nd District last cycle. Hasner has ties to the 18th District, a better district for Republicans than the one he ran in last cycle.
- Juno Beach Vice Mayor Ellen Andel, who announced her candidacy this week.
- Attorney Alan Schlesinger is also running, according to the Sunshine State News. Schlesinger, a former state lawmaker in Connecticut, is best known for being the GOP nominee against former Sen. Joe Lieberman in 2006.
- Businessman Gary Uber
- Former state Rep. Carl Domino
- State Rep. Gayle B. Harrell
- State Sen. Joe Negron
- St. Lucie County Commissioner Tod Mowery, who CQ Roll Call reported as a potential candidate earlier this year.