- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
- Another Senate Forecast
- On Wonk Wire
- Why No Democrat Wants to Challenge Hillary
Thursday Fundraising Roundup: Senators Raise the Bar
Posted at 5:21 p.m. on July 11, 2013
Several Senate candidates posted seven-figure hauls on Thursday as second-quarter fundraising announcements trickled in ahead of the July 15 reporting deadline.
Here’s today’s fundraising roundup:
- #NJSEN: Newark Mayor Cory Booker, a Democrat, raised $4.6 million and will report $4.5 million in cash on hand for his special-election bid.
- #NHSEN: Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen raised $1.2 million and will report $2.15 million in the bank.
- #SCSEN: Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham reported more than $1.4 million raised in the first quarter. That’s the most the senator has ever brought in during a single quarter, according to his campaign. He will report $6.25 million in cash on hand.
- #MNSEN: Democratic Sen. Al Franken raised nearly $2 million in the second quarter.
- #NCSEN: Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan raised $2 million and will report $4.2 million in cash on hand, according to a campaign press release.
- #WVSEN: Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, a Republican, told CQ Roll Call that she raised around $770,000 in the second quarter.
- #NY18: Democratic Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney raised $491,000 in the second quarter and will report $680,000 in cash on hand, according to a campaign source.
- #NY24: Democratic Rep. Dan Maffei raised $315,000 and has $484,000 in cash on hand, per the Auburn Citizen.
- #CA07: Republican Elizabeth Emken raised “a little over $300,000,” according to a campaign spokesman, and has nearly $290,000 in cash on hand. She is running for the GOP nomination to challenge freshman Rep. Ami Bera, D-Calif.
- #MA05: Middlesex County Sheriff Peter Koutoujian, a Democrat, will report $308,000 in the second quarter, according to the campaign. Koutoujian will report $290,000 in the bank for this imminent special election to succeed Rep. Edward J. Markey, who will join the Senate next week. Democrat Katherine Clark raised $228,000 in the second quarter and has $402,000 in cash on hand. Both Democrats are running in a highly contested primary, which is expected to be scheduled in October.
Emily Cahn and Kyle Trygstad contributed to this report.