Tuesday Fundraising Roundup: Mooney’s Money
Posted at 5:26 p.m. on July 9
Former Maryland GOP Chairman Alex Mooney raised $65,000 for his campaign across state lines in West Virginia’s 2nd District.
Mooney had more than $100,000 in cash on hand at the end of the second quarter, according to a campaign press release. Of that haul, $35,000 was left from when he explored a run for ex-Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett’s seat in western Maryland last year.
The congressional hopeful’s tally was one of many fundraising numbers that trickled in on Tuesday. Congressional candidates and members must turn in their second-quarter fundraising reports by July 15.
Here is a roundup of the day’s campaign fundraising news:
- #HISEN: Sen. Brian Schatz reported more than $911,000 in second-quarter fundraising dollars, according to the Honolulu Civil Beat.
- #LASEN: Democratic Sen. Mary L. Landrieu announced a $1.7 million haul and $4.9 million in cash on hand for her re-election bid. Landrieu’s likely GOP challenger, Rep. Bill Cassidy, reported nearly $1.1 million in contributions and has $3.2 million in the bank.
- #CA31: Democratic Attorney Eloise Gomez Reyes raised more than $200,000 in the second quarter.
- #CA52: Republican Carl DeMaio reported more than $480,000 in the second quarter and has nearly $470,000 in cash on hand.
- #Co06: Democratic recruit and former Colorado Speaker Andrew Romanoff raised more than $500,000 and has nearly $920,000 in the bank for his challenge to Republican Rep. Mike Coffman.
- #FL02: Democratic recruit Gwen Graham raised more than $375,000 and has more than $300,000 in cash on hand.
- #GA01: Republican candidate Bob Johnson reported a $100,000 haul and more than $105,000 in cash on hand in the second quarter.
- #GA12: Republican Rick Allen reported that he raised more than $140,000 in the second quarter, including $10,000 of his own money. Allen now has $113,000 in the bank for his second run against longtime Democratic Rep. John Barrow, according to the Georgia Tipsheet blog.
- #WA05: House Republican Conference Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers raised $320,000 in the second quarter and has nearly $600,000 in cash on hand.
Matthew Lowe and Kyle Trygstad contributed to this report.
Correction: 6:57 p.m.
An earlier version of this post listed the incorrect district where Rick Allen is running against Rep. John Barrow. It is Georgia’s 12th District.