- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
2 New Ads Drop in Florida Special
Posted at 1:18 p.m. on Jan. 31
The two House campaign committees released TV ads Friday, each attacking the opposition nominee in the special election race for Florida’s 13th District.
In the competitive March 11 special to replace the late Rep. C.W. Bill Young, R-Fla., both parties have made six-figure TV airtime buys. Advertising is likely to flood the district over the next month and the ads released Friday are just the latest forays from the two committees.
The National Republican Congressional Committee’s ad slams Democrat Alex Sink for air travel during her tenure as the state’s chief financial officer.
Later in the day, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee targeted GOP nominee David Jolly for his career as a lobbyist.
The race is rated a Tossup by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.