- Democrats Announce Finalists for 2016 Convention (Updated)
- Bill Cassidy Utilizes Weekly GOP Address, Again
- What Did — and Didn't — Surprise Me This Cycle
- Roger Wicker Looks for Fast Start at NRSC
- New DCCC Chairman Rides on Air Force One
Utah: Carl Wimmer Nabs Another Conservative Blessing
Posted at 11:55 p.m. on Feb. 27, 2012
Carl Wimmer, one of three top candidates in the GOP primary to challenge Rep. Jim Matheson (D-Utah), has picked up another conservative endorsement.
Erick Erickson of RedState.com included the former state legislator last week on his initial list of “support and focus.” Wimmer is facing state Rep. Stephen Sandstrom and Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love in the competitive primary.
“I am deeply honored by his support for my candidacy, and look forward to working with him to promote conservative values, both here in the 4th district and in Washington, D.C,” Wimmer said in a statement.
Wimmer already has the backing of Sen. Mike Lee (R) and conservative groups including the Club for Growth, Citizens United and the Family Research Council.