- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Utah: Matheson Won by 768 Votes, Final Count Shows
Posted at 7:41 p.m. on Nov. 26, 2012
Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson won by just 768 votes, according to final election returns announced last week.
According to the Salt Lake Tribune, that was just outside of the margin that would have allowed Republican Mia Love to request a recount.
One of the most vulnerable members of Congress in 2012, the Blue Dog Democrat has said he faced the “perfect storm” by running against a strong challenger and in a district carried overwhelmingly by GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. Matheson has always run in a Republican-leaning district, but the Republican redistricting mapmakers ensured his path will get no easier in the next decade.