- Introducing: Political Wire Memberships
- How to be the Crazy Uncle at Thanksgiving
- Trump Leads Nationally as Cruz Surges Into Second
- Politicians Can Now Say Anything They Want
- A Novel of the Reagan Years
By Abby Livingston Posted at 10:58 p.m. on Nov. 6, 2012
Former Sen. George Allen (R) has conceded to former Gov. Tim Kaine (D) in the race to replace retiring Sen. Jim Webb (D).
The two men, fond of each other personally, were vying for a Senate seat that was central to GOP plans to take control of the Senate.
At the time of Allen’s concession, Kaine was leading by about 1 point and the presidential contest was almost completely tied.
View more posts in the Archives.
Sign up for your daily Politics newsletter here.