- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Virginia: George Allen Concedes to Tim Kaine
Posted at 10:58 p.m. on Nov. 6, 2012
Former Sen. George Allen (R) has conceded to former Gov. Tim Kaine (D) in the race to replace retiring Sen. Jim Webb (D).
The two men, fond of each other personally, were vying for a Senate seat that was central to GOP plans to take control of the Senate.
At the time of Allen’s concession, Kaine was leading by about 1 point and the presidential contest was almost completely tied.