- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Vulnerable Democrats Vote for Benghazi Committee
Posted at 7:52 p.m. on May 8
Six House Democrats facing competitive challenges in November voted Thursday evening in favor of creating a special committee to re-investigate the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya.
Five of the seven Democrats who voted with the GOP are part of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s Frontline program, which supports the party’s most vulnerable incumbents.
Those Frontline members, with their Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call race ratings, are:
- Rep. Ron Barber of Arizona (Tossup)
- Rep. John Barrow of Georgia (Leans Democratic)
- Rep. Patrick Murphy (Leans Democratic)
- Rep. Nick J. Rahall, II of West Virginia (Tossup)
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (Democrat Favored)
Emma Dumain contributed to this report.