- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Washington: Gregoire Endorses Suzan DelBene in 1st District
Posted at 12:03 a.m. on April 17, 2012
Gov. Christine Gregoire endorsed former Microsoft executive Suzan DelBene (D) in the wide open 1st district race to succeed former Rep. Jay Inslee (D), who resigned to run for governor.
“I don’t often get involved in Democratic primaries, but with so much on the line for our state and our nation, I am making an exception,” Gregoire said, before asking for financial contributions. “Suzan is our best shot at keeping this seat under Democratic control in November, but she cannot get there without our help.”
This is the most competitive district in the state after the bipartisan redistricting committee redrew the lines in December. John Koster (R) is expected to emerge from the August top-two primary and face one of several Democrats vying for the seat, including DelBene, Darcy Burner and Steve Hobbs.