- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Westmoreland Named NRCC Deputy Chairman
Posted at 9:57 a.m. on Nov. 27, 2012
Rep. Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia has been appointed deputy chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee for the 2014 election cycle by incoming NRCC Chairman Greg Walden of Oregon.
Westmoreland oversaw a very successful nationwide redistricting effort for the NRCC during the 2012 cycle, helping the GOP keep control of the House on Nov. 6.
The decennial redraw of maps helped push a number of vulnerable GOP-held seats into the safe Republican category, creating a map that would likely require a wave election if Democrats are to be successful in taking back the House.
“Lynn is savvy, thoughtful and a hard worker. He knows what it takes to win elections,” Walden said in a statement.