- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
- Democrats Could Face Primary Mess in Illinois Senate Race
Westmoreland Named NRCC Deputy Chairman
Posted at 9:57 a.m. on Nov. 27, 2012
Rep. Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia has been appointed deputy chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee for the 2014 election cycle by incoming NRCC Chairman Greg Walden of Oregon.
Westmoreland oversaw a very successful nationwide redistricting effort for the NRCC during the 2012 cycle, helping the GOP keep control of the House on Nov. 6.
The decennial redraw of maps helped push a number of vulnerable GOP-held seats into the safe Republican category, creating a map that would likely require a wave election if Democrats are to be successful in taking back the House.
“Lynn is savvy, thoughtful and a hard worker. He knows what it takes to win elections,” Walden said in a statement.