- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Wisconsin: Mark Pocan Favored in 2nd District Democratic Primary
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2012
Voters head to the polls today in Wisconsin, and for Democrats, all of the action will take place in the 2nd district primary to replace Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D), who is running for Senate.
State Reps. Mark Pocan and Kelda Helen Roys are the main competitors, and most Wisconsin political observers give the edge to Pocan.
Both candidates for this Madison-area district are in the state Assembly and have similar policy positions. Pocan has picked up high-profile Congressional endorsements, while Roys has the backing of EMILY’s List.
The winner will be virtually assured of coming to Congress in the fall. Baldwin has remained neutral in the contest.